Here are few points a poster in the forum mentions as his main relationship mistakes:
- I made too many consessions.
- I gave up a lot of my personal life.
- I stopped hanging out with friends
- I didn't have any hobbies or activities outside of the house.
- My focus was on her and US.
- Everything I did in my life was for her.
- She also took a lot for granted and became selfish.
- We didn't really communicate.
- Some times we would have deep conversations, but most of the time it was just minor chitchat.
A break up is truly an occasion to assess a past experience and learn from it.
It's the idea moment to ask this question: "What could I have done differently?"